WARGAMING THE SCIENCE
When first reports that cell phone radiation could damage DNA emerged from the laboratory of Henry Lai and N.P. Singh in the 90’s a memo written by Motorola to their media advisors in 1994 announced the clear strategy that remains alive and well: war-game the science.
WARGAME MEMO Dec 13. 1994: A Motorola memo -released by Microwave News -to the industry’s PR company Burson-Marsteller (from Norm Sandler to Michael Kehs) shows how close the relationship was between the industry giants, and the SAG team.
Sadler said in the memo that Motorola was prepared to tell the media that, until the work was replicated and interpreted “any conclusions about the significance of this study are pure speculation”. They also note that even if the DNA breaks are found, there is not evidence of increased cancer rates, anyway.
In the memo they plan tactics to dilute the effect of the report on DNA breaks. This comes from the leaked memo:
The Media Strategy, as listed in the memo is to “wargame” the science. The documents on this webpage document the way that the wargaming is done.
If you are interested in investigations on industry involvement we recommend:
- The Harvard Press Book “Captured Agency: How the Federal Communications Commission is Dominated by the Industries it Presumably Regulates”
- Investigate Europe The 5G Mass Experiment: On industry involvement in the science of wireless and 5G.
- “The Disinformation Campaign—And Massive Radiation Increase—Behind The 5G Rollout” by Mark Hertsgaard And Mark Dowie in The Nation April 23, 2018
- Democracy Now: How the Wireless Industry Convinced the Public Cellphones Are Safe & Cherry-Picked Research on Risks
- Alternet “What the Cellphone Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know About Radiation Concerns”