Luxembourg Government to Debate 5G Deployment and Health Effects
A Message from Citizens of Luxembourg who have been working to raise awareness of the health and environmental effects of 5G.
“Here is what we made happen:
– on Friday April, 24th our petition claiming to permanently stop the deployment of the 5G in Luxembourg was open for on-line signatures on the website of the Chambre des députés (our local Parliament). In only 4 days (!!!) we collected the necessary number of signatures to provoque a public debate in the Parliament between our citizen’s collective and the members of the Government about the 5G deployment. We will be detailing in front of the Parliament the arguments that lead us to ask the government to give up the 5G deployment and will debate with them about it. We will of course keep you posted on the outcome of that debate (at the earliest by mid-June).
– on Saturday April, 25th, rallying the 2nd global protest day, we published on our FB page the e-mail addresses of all our local MPs & of the members of the government and a letter detailing the risks involved in deploying the 5G tech, reminding them all that they are the representatives of the people, that their duty is to preserve the health of the population and that, in case of doubt, it is their specific duty to apply the precautionary principle and to stop the deployment of the 5G.
We then asked all our followers to mail the letter to all of the MP and, despite the fact that we don’t know exactly how many sent it, they must have been quite a lot as some MPs moaned on their FB profiles about people spamming their mailbox with anti-5G messages, treating them as ignorant fools :/ .
Also enclosed are two files – one is the text of our on-line petition (running until June, 4th) and the other one is the letter we sent to our MPs. Maybe it will inspire other comrades (both are in French).”
April 25, 20 launched a global protest on 5G with the group Stop 5G International. The days events included :
- A We Do Not Consent video with footage of people from around the world sharing why they do not consent to 5G. List of countries already included in the video:
Afghanistan, Australia, Austria. Bulgaria, Canada.
Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Scotland, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, UK, USA.
- A 24-hour Livestream Global Protest Watch Party sponsored by the Facebook Group, Worldwide Unified Action Against 5G
- The launching of an International Petition to Pope Francis urging him to investigate the environmental and health impacts of cell antennas in church steeples.
- A Webinar featuring a panel of eminent experts who addressed the health and environmental impacts of 5G, privacy and security risks, the internet’s footprint, as well as legal actions to slow the deployment of satellites. Also covered was a presentation on how we can and must avoid the same mistakes made dozens of times in the past as a result of poor policy decisions based on industry hype and inadequate independent scientific investigation into harms.
Press Release from Stop 5G International https://www.