2016 – Rotokawa School Takes Steps to Minimize RF Exposure: After concerns were raised about e-learning by a small group of parents from the school, the principal has put some positive procedures in place as follows:
- Children will use ipads in flight mode
- Children using laptops and Chromebooks will work on the desk top
- Parents may request that their child use an Ethernet cord to access the internet
- Children are taught about the health precautions as part of their cyber citizenship
- Digital learning in the one to one Year 5 & 6 environment is kept to less than 2 hours per school day.
- The principal has also stated there are no plans to increase the existing Wi-Fi coverage at this stage.