Resources to Take Action on 5G and 4G Small Cells
5G “small” cells are being fast tracked at every level of government. The authority of local government is being rapidly stripped away by federal and state policy.
Hundreds of scientists and physicians who have researched the biological and health effects of radiofrequency radiation are calling for a moratorium on the deployment of 5G technology and increases in wireless exposure. Environmental Health Trust has compiled several key resources to ensure citizens, policy makers and governments have the scientific resources they need.
Please take the time to review this list as well as the community advocacy organizations that have tools for action.
5G Crisis Toolkit
- 5G Crisis has tools such as flyers to raise awareness in your community, with elected officials and even door hangers and rally signs. A go to site for everyone taking action in their community. 5G Crisis Toolkit
EHT developed large and small posters on 5G
Connect with a Local Group
5G Crisis has a list of local groups organized by state. Colorado for Safe Technology has done an excellent job of organizing material on 5G and small cells. We invite you to visit their site to see an example of a coalition working to reverse small cell streamlining legislation.
How to Take Action on 5G
NOTABLE NEWS ARTICLES
- “Is 5G Going to Kill Us All”, The New Republic
- “We Have No Reason to Believe 5G Is Safe” Scientific American Dr. Joel Moskowitz UC Berkeley
- “5G Whiz” An Investigation by Full Measure
- “Mobile phones and health: is 5G being rolled out too fast?” Computer Weekly
- “An Engineer’s Perspective Does 5G Pose Health Risks?” Electronics Blog EDN.com
- “The stars, G5 cell towers, and electromagnetic radiation exposure” by Winona La Duke
- “Preserving Local Voices in Broadband Deployment” by NRDC
- “5G and the FCC: 10 Reasons Why You Should Care” by NRDC
- “5G:The Unreported Global Threat” by Devra Davis PhD, MPH
- 5G Crisis
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Telecom Powergrab
- Physicians for Safe Technology 5G Resources,
- International 5G Appeal
- Center for Electrosmog Protection has a 5G Action Plan
Videos to Share
Frank Clegg, former Microsoft Canada Interviewed about 5G and Wireless Video
Investigate Europe’s Two Part Investigation on 5G: These 2019 reports cover the 5G rollout and the history of industry influenced research on EMFs.
Important Websites and Webpages
What You Need to Know About 5G: This EHT webpage has a quick summary of what you need to know about 5G small cells. We recommend that anyone interested in 5G start here to get an overview of the issues.
Insurance White Papers classify the rollout of 5G and Smartcities as “High Risk.” The 2019 Swiss Re Report 5G is rated as a “high impact” emerging risk affecting property and casualty claims in more than 3 years. “Off the leash – 5G mobile networks” (p. 29)….As the biological effects of EMF in general and 5G in particular are still being debated, potential claims for health impairments may come with a long latency. Read Insurance White Papers here.
EHT webpage on Protective US City Ordinancesthat attempt to minimize the small cell roll out in neighborhoods. EHT has compiled ordinances from around the country that you can download and use in your city. This page is critical to provide to your city officials who are interested in what other cities are doing.
5G Technology vs Science and Freedom of Choice: A neighborhood flyer with basic facts by Americans for Responsible Technology
- Peer reviewed and published scientific research on 5G and 4G “small” cells: Everyone wants to see the science. Here is a list of studies hyperlinked to the pubmed abstract.
- 5G, Fiber Optics the Law by Katie Singer
EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT REPORTS
- European Parliament Briefing Effects of 5G wireless communication on human health, (EHT PDF)
- Blackman C, Forge S. 5G Deployment: State of Play in Europe, USA, and Asia. Study for the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, Policy Department for Economic, Scientific and Quality of Life Policies, European Parliament, Luxembourg, 2019.
- Ordinances on 4G/5G in US Cities that are protective and minimize human exposure.
- Letters from Congress to the FCC about 5G and health.
- International Actions to Halt 5G
- Re-Inventing Wires: The Future of Landlines and Networks: White paper on wired technology as the solution.
- Wireless Silent Spring by Cindy Russell MD is an article published in the Santa Clara Medical Association Magazine on the environmental impacts of 5G.
- 12/ 20/2018 “Summary of Proposed FCC Small Cell Order”: A critically important explanation by Lawyer Mark Del Bianco with Q and A on the FCC order that strips local authority.
- 10/2018 Memo: “Federal Law Does Not Prohibit the County from Imposing Stricter Procedural Requirements on Wireless Facilities Than on Other Pole Attachments”
- Telecom Powergrab has developed a toolkit for residents with a sample small cell code, factsheets and more.
- Policy Report: Small Cell Facilities in Boulder, CO: Planning Ahead for an Evolving Legal RegimeJune 4, 2019. The primary goal of this report is to inform decision makers in the City of Boulder as well as other interested governments, about how to most effectively regulate small cell facilities in accordance with local, state, and federal laws. As discussed in the Report, local governments would be wise to employ proactive legal tactics since many of the applicable laws and rules are in flux.
- 5G Violates Human Rights and Environmental Law States Legal Opinion out of Denmark “Establishing and activating a 5G-network — as it is currently described — will contravene current human and environmental laws enshrined in the European Convention of Human Rights, the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child, EU regulations. After the Copenhagen 5G-conference in the Danish Parliament, Lawyer Christian F. Jensen of Bonnor Lawyers released a 75-page document on the human health and environmental impacts of 5G. Download the document at: http://bit.ly/5GlegalDenmark
- Law Office of Harry Lehmann to Marin County Supervisors on Limiting the Scope of Marins Financial Risk on 5G ,February 21, 2017
- Law Office of Harry Lehman “5G Government Liability and the Long Con” April 2, 2018
- Letter from Law Office of Harry Lehmann “Mass casualties are likely in District 10 from passage of 648”, July 6, 2017
- Letter from Law Office Of Harry Lehmann to State of California, “Liability for Damage From Microwave Radiation Exposure Sustained by Senate Bill 649 Will Be Shifted to California State”, July 19, 2017
- Letter from Law Office of Harry Lehmann, “SB 649 will disproportionately effect the poor in California”, August 24, 2017“The attached letter of August 10th , in response to a Consultant’s question, explains in legal terms why the State remains liable, both directly and derivatively, for the same liabilities to which the cities and counties will be exposed from implementation of SB 649.”
Scientific analyses show industry funding can and does influence research on radiofrequency radiation. Please take the time to review each of these studies and to review the documentation provided by experts. This webpage has published citations on the influence of industry and vested interests (scroll down). Please also be aware of these investigative reports on industry influence which summarize the issue:
- The Harvard Press Book “Captured Agency: How the Federal Communications Commission is Dominated by the Industries it Presumably Regulates”by Norm Alster documents the financial ties between the US federal government’s Federal communications Commission (FCC) and how, as a result, the wireless industry has bought inordinate access to—and power over—a major US regulatory agency. Read that here.
- “The Disinformation Campaign—And Massive Radiation Increase—Behind The 5G Rollout” by Mark Hertsgaard And Mark Dowie in The Nation April 23, 2018
- Investigate Europe Reports 2019: 5G The Mass Experiment (Part 1)and How Much is Safe? Finances Effect Research (Part 2)This two part investigative report in 2019 covers the 5G rollout and the history of industry influenced research on EMFS. The journalists identified a group of fourteen scientists who either helped create, or defend, the EMF exposure guidelines disseminated by ICNIRP, a non- governmental organization (NGO) based in Germany. ICNIRP’s self-selected members argue that the thousands of peer-reviewed studies that have found harmful biologic or health effects from chronic exposure to non-thermal levels of EMF are insufficient to warrant stronger safety guidelines. “The ICNIRP Cartel: Who’s Who in the EMF Research World,”an interactive graphic developed by Investigate Europe (German ICNIRP Cartel).
- EHT’s Webpage with links to published research in industry influence. Industry Influence to EMF Science
MORE KEY RESOURCES
Please watch these videos and share these videos.
Other Important Websites on 5G and Small Cells.
CRITICAL LINKS TO INFORMATION ON 5G
Whatis5g.info on the human and environmental impact of 5G
My Street My Choice: Critical information and links to help residents fight 5G Small Cells.
KEY RESEARCH AND REPORTS
- Link to5G Frequencies Are Absorbed Into the Skin
- Link toreview study that states radiofrequency is a human carcinogen.
- Link to5G Frequencies Are Used As Weapons
- Link toLandmark US National Toxicology Program (NTP) Study Finds “Clear Evidence of Cancer” and DNA Damage
- Link toCell Tower Radiation is Linked To Damage in Human Blood
- Link toPublished Scientific Review on 5G Finds Adverse Effects
- Link toCellular Radiation Negatively Impacts Birds
- Link toCellular Radiation Negatively Impacts Bees
- Link toOverview of Cell Tower Health Effects
- Link toResearch on Cell Towers and Health Effects
- Link toBees, Butterflies and Wildlife
- Link toImpact of Cell Towers on Property Values
- Link toAmerican Academy of Pediatrics on Cell Towers
- Link toLetters from Doctors on Small Cell 5G in Neighborhoods
- Link toFirefighters Oppose Cell Towers on Fire Stations
- Link toInsurance White Papers on Impact of Wireless on Health
- Link toCell Towers at Schools
- Link toCell Tower Companies Warn Shareholders of Risk but not People Living Near Their Towers or Using Their Products
- Link toInsurance Company Exclude Electromagnetic Fields as a Standard
- Link toStudy Found Damage in Human Blood
- Link toFCC Limits are Non Protective
- Link to5G Technology
- Link toCell Tower Worker Safety Issues
- Link toResearch on 5G and Cell Tower Radiation
- Link toA 5G Wireless Future: Will it give us a smart nation or contribute to an unhealthy one?” Santa Clara Medical Association Bulletin, Cindy Russell MD, 2017
- Link toLetters by Scientists in Opposition To 5G Research on Cell Tower Radiation, 2017
- Link toBiological Effects from Exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation Emitted by Cell Tower Base Stations and Other Antenna Arrays, Levitt and Lai, 2010
- Link toRadiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations, Waldmann-Selsam et al., 2016
- Link toDepartment of Interior Letter on the Impact of Cell Towers on Migratory Birds, Willie R. Taylor Director, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance, 2014
- Link toAnthropogenic radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as an emerging threat to wildlife orientation, Balmori, 2015
- Link toBriefing Memorandum On The Impacts from Thermal and Non-thermal Non-ionizing Radiation to Birds and Other Wildlife, Manville, 2016
- Link toDatabase of Worldwide International Policy To Reduce EMF
- Link toYoutube Scientific Videos on 5G
More Resources from Physicians for Safe Technology
- League of California Cities City Attorneys’ Spring Conference. May 2018. BBK Law. https://www.bbklaw.com/BBK/media/Library/pdf/KARISH-2018-Cal-League-Spring-Attorney-Conference-Paper-vFINAL-c2.pdf
- Cell Tower Zoning and Placement: Navigating Recent FCC Changes 2015. Legal Rights. Cell Tower Zoning: Navigating Recent FCC Changes, National Business Institute Teleconference
- 10 Key Issues for California Cities. Omar Masry. Medium. 10 Key Issues for California Cities and Counties on the Challenges of Small Cells
- Cell Tower Landlord’s Checklist: Know Your Rights Amid Mobile Carrier Mega Mergers. BBK Law.
Cell Tower Landlord’s Checklist
- League of Cities Legal Perspective on Telecommunications Law Wireless Antenna Update: Distributed Antenna Systems State and Federal Mandatory Collocation; New Regulatory and Legal Challenges
- Wireless in the Rights of Way and on Private Property. BBK.Law June 2017 Presentation. Wireless in the Rights of Public Way
- Local Authority Over Wireless Facilities in Public Rights-of-Way. April 2018.
BBK Legal Letter April 24, 2018
- Cell Towers-Wireless Convenience or Environmental Hazard? (2000) Blake Levitt. She notes that Diane Feinstein did attempt to revise the 1996 Telecommunications Act.
Biological effects from exposure to electromagnetic radiation emitted by cell tower base stations and other antenna arrays. (2010) Page 374- Biological Effects at Low intensity) Blake Levitt, Henry Lai. Environmental Reviews, 2010, 18(NA): 369-395. http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/full/10.1139/A10-018#.WYUlOHeZNo4